"Speak Up" Journals
“Speak Up” is GPB’s quarterly Journal of our latest thinking in our specialist areas. It shares some of our experiences in interesting and informative articles. From time-to-time we invite guests and clients to write articles on something topical, to add variety to the mix.
Speak Up: 81st Edition
1. Harder Times
2. Snakes Alive! Who said that?
3. People don’t seem very interested in listening
4. Additional Client Resources
Speak Up: 80th Edition
1. What ‘Ma’ would say about having great impact
2. How the hell did this happen?
3. “We’re Following the Science”
4. Verbatim or extempore – or somewhere in between?
Speak Up: 79th Edition
1. Christmas Creativity in communication
2. Persuasive communication: Examples from amous Authors
3. Let me tell you a story the persuasiveness of ancient orators
4. Christmas quiz: What’s the question?
Speak Up: 78th Edition
1. The best salesmen aren’t salesmen
2. Optimising Persuasive Impact: Pull AND Push, but Pull first!
3. Deliberate Practice
Speak Up: 77th Edition
1. Adopting the Seven Rhetorical Canons for successful persuasion
2. Speaking Virtually
3. In the quibus confidimus: In whom we trust
4. New resources for you
Speak Up: 76th Edition
1. Aristotle’s Lost Appeals
2. Intercultural lessons on vocal pitch
3. Respond well to questions – but how long have you got?
4. Plausibility, credibility and our emotions
Speak Up: 75th Edition
1. Make Marketing in 2021 Meaningful
2. Pitch Up for Chrismas
3. Through the Perilous Fight
4. In Praise of…
5. Tunnelling out of Europe
Speak Up: 74th Edition
1. What did the Direct Response Copywriters ever do for us?
2.Does social media affect persuasion?
3. Learning to like your likeability
4. Superior Force – By Ewan Pearson
5. Would I Lie to You?
6. Mata Richard! A new chapter opens
Speak Up: 73rd Edition
1. Tell me “Why?”
2. Resolving Conflict – at home and at work
3. Half-time oranges in a slow start to the year by Ewan pearson
Speak Up: 72nd Edition
1.Long live the telephone, the modern saviour
2. Breaking down the breakdown of communication
3.Striking the balance
4. And now for something completely different
5.‘They that have the voice of lions’… and of lionesses
Speak Up: 71st Edition
1. Collective noun quiz
2 Jingle Jangle Jargon
3. The How and the What
4. How shall I address thee? by Ewan Pearson
Speak Up: 70th Edition
1. Aristotle’s forgotten appeals
2. The Style Council
3. A stoic view of trust by Ewan Pearson
4. Wedding speeches by Alastair Grant